2 cups flour
3 TB. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 TB. butter, cold, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
3/4 cup plain yogurt
2 TB. half and half
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Stir together dry ingredients. With a pastry cutter
or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs. Stir in strawberries. Stir in enough
yogurt to be able to form dough into a ball (up to
3. Turn dough onto floured surface and with floured
hands, knead a few times. Press dough into a rectangle,
about 1 1/2 inches thick. Fold rectangle into thirds,
like a letter. Press dough into 9-inch round. Cut into
8 equal triangles.
4. Place scones into scone pan or on a cookie sheet
covered with parchment paper. Bake until golden, about
15 minutes. Remove to rack to cool.
5. Whisk confectioner's sugar into half and half, adding
more sugar until desired consistency is reached. Frost
scones while warm.
Makes 8 scones.